Tank Strength and Types in 21PD and 25PzGD-Nordwind

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

danielponiallain

Re: Tank Strength and Types in 21PD and 25PzGD-Nordwind

Post by danielponiallain » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Dear Tom:
How do I get My Question to Kamen Nevenkin ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=-1&p=93349 posted to this Outstanding Link so that anyone can answer not just Kamen Nevenkin?
Please inform.
Thank You. Daniel Kneeland, Grafton, Ma.

danielponiallain

Post by danielponiallain » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:16 pm

Dear Kamen:
The U.S Army Center of Military History (CMH) and It's Predecessors the U.S Army Office of the Chief of Military History and the U.S Army Historical Division determined in 1945-1946 that The Re-Equipped German 21st Panzer and 25th Panzer Grenadier Division attacked, under Heavy Conditions of Snow and Fog, into Hatten and Rittershoffen along the Upper Rhine River on the North Alsatian Plain from January 9-20, 1945 with the "almost 180 German Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Assault Guns" on a only a 2-3 Mile Front and that It was the Most German Armor in The Entire "Ardennes-Alsace Campaign" or the "Battle of the Bulge and Operation Nordwind" from Krinkelt and Rocherath in the Ardennes all the way down to Herrlisheim in Alsace on such a Narrow Front of 2-3 miles. In other words, The U.S Army Armored School confirmed in 1949-1950 again that it was true that the "Nightmarish and Terrifying Tank Battle of Hatten and Rittershoffen was the Largest German Tank, Tank Destroyer and Assault Gun Attack", on a 2-3 Mile Front in the Entire Ardennes-Alsace Campaign and It's Collision with the U.S 14th Armored Division and Elements of the 79th and 42nd Infantry Divisions and the Biggest Tank on Tank Battle in All of The Ardennes and in Alsace or "The Battle of the Bulge" and "Operation Nordwind" where the Germans, in the Ardennes, committed more Armor but spread out on a 65 Mile Front from Krinkelt and Rocherath to Clervaux which always makes The Huge Tank Battle of Hatten and Rittershoffen a fascinating "Anomaly" that the Largest Tank Battle, on a 2-3 Mile Front, was in The Nightmarish Tank Battle of Hatten and Rittershoffen in Alsace during "Operation Nordwind" than on any 2-3 MIle Front in "Ardennes Counter-Offensive or "Battle of the Bulge" The Ardennes!" The German lost about 57 Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Assault Guns completely "Knocked out" and "Destroyed" and the U.S 14th Armored Division and the U.S 813th and 827th Tank Destroyer Battalion (African-American) lost a total of 80 Tanks and Tank Destroyers completely "Knocked Out" or "Destroyed" of which 51 German Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Assault Guns and 40 U.S Tanks and Tank Destroyers still littered the Battlefield when liberated on March 19, 1945.
This, ofcourse, doesn't include, the German and U.S Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Assault Guns that were "Disabled" or "Repairable"!
So, Kamen, do you have any Info for the German 21st Panzer and 25th Panzer-Grenadier Divisions Operations Reports for January 15, 1945 and February 1, 1945 Personell and Armor Strengths so I can determine as close as possible how many German Battle Casualties and German Armor Losses in the Nightmarish and Terrifying Tank Battle of Hatten and Rittershoffen along the Upper Rhine River in in Northern Alsace Plain in Northeastern France from January 9-20, 1945 and German Division Personell and Equipment Losses for "Operation Nordwind" during January 1945?
Is their any Info for German Personell and Artillery Strengths of the German 7th Parachute and 47th Volks-Grenadier Division for January 1, January 15 or February 1, 1945?
Please inform.
Thank You. Daniel Kneeland, Grafton, Ma. U.S.A

danielponiallain

Post by danielponiallain » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:22 am

Kamen-
Thank You Very Much for Your Information on the Armor Strengths on the German 21st Panzer and 25th Panzer-Grenadier Divisions of February 1, 1945 after the Nightmarish and Terrifying Tank Battle of Hatten and Rittershoffen ucp.php?i=pm&p=93356&sid=43c5f5af10482a ... 9d35d3c067 and I was wondering if any other World War II Historians with knowledge of the German Order of Battle Armor and Personell Strengths of the German 21st Panzer, 25th Panzer Grenadier, 10th SS Panzer, 17th SS Panzer Grenadier Divisions, the 394th and 667th Assault Gun Brigades for January 1, 15 and February 1, 1945?
It looks like the German 21st Panzer and 25th Panzer-Grenadier Divisions and the 394th and 667th Assault Gun Brigades lost a lot more than the 51 German Tanks, Tank Destroyers and Assault Guns that still littered the Battlefield of Hatten and Rittershoffen when it was liberated on March 19, 1945.
Please inform.
Thank You. Daniel Kneeland, Grafton, Ma.

Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:10 am

I have only just come across this thread and was amazed to read Kamen saying that 25 PGD only had four "infantry" battalions, its two Panzergrenadier Regiments each had three battalions because it was after all a Panzergrenadier Division whose regiments had three battalions each.
Alan

Dunnigan

Post by Dunnigan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:58 pm

Alanmccoubrey wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:10 am
I have only just come across this thread and was amazed to read Kamen saying that 25 PGD only had four "infantry" battalions, its two Panzergrenadier Regiments each had three battalions because it was after all a Panzergrenadier Division whose regiments had three battalions each.
The III./35 and III./119 PG Battalions were disbanded at least temporarily given the losses the division had.

Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:08 am

Dunnigan wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:58 pm
Alanmccoubrey wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:10 am
The III./35 and III./119 PG Battalions were disbanded at least temporarily given the losses the division had.
III./119 took over the Panzergrenadier Bataillon from Panzer Brigade 107 so was "gepanzert" and was certainly in action around the Küstrin Corridor, so do you mean after the attempts to relieve Küstrin ?
Alan