Wargaming site

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Mike Higgins
Supporter

Wargaming site

Post by Mike Higgins »

New wargaming site, http://www.tincangeneral.com
Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Re: Wargaming site

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

Too much FOW for me I'm afraid.
Alan
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

Alanmccoubrey wrote:Too much FOW for me I'm afraid.
Hi Alan.....

Actually, the site has only been up for a little over two weeks as of the date of this post, yet already hs 16 members, and nearly 600 posts. It is a site devoted to all things miniature and other wargaming....not a Flames of War site. Of it's small but rapidly growing membership, only a very small cadre of the members are either FoW enthusiasts, or want to learn. That said, again, it is not a FoW site, nor will it be.

Though WWII will likely predominate (I am the founder of the site and that happens to be my area of focus), it will feature any possible era, and any possible wargaming system; and as long as it can be thought of realistically in any way to a wargame (such as space combat), then it will be fair game and inclusive within an everything wargaming site.

Other games systems which will shortly be featured heavily are wargames such as: Fire & Fury, Axis & Allies Miniatures, Lock 'N Load, Avalon Hill, among many others; and even two sci-fi wargames based on Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1 on miniatures that I happen to be developing at the moment.

Personally, I'd love to see what wargame systems you're interested in, so please feel free to join and keep the site wde open in content. The best way to show your disinterest in FoW is to participate in other wargame systems that are non-FoW, right? :wink:

Whiterook
Alanmccoubrey
Contributor

Post by Alanmccoubrey »

No the best way to show my disinterest in FOW is to saty away from it.
Alan
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Whiterook wrote:Though WWII will likely predominate (I am the founder of the site and that happens to be my area of focus), it will feature any possible era, and any possible wargaming system; and as long as it can be thought of realistically in any way to a wargame (such as space combat), then it will be fair game and inclusive within an everything wargaming site.
Strangely enough, Em, I was going to send you this link! I saw it, but it didn't register as yours!

Welcome to Feldgrau, Wild Man!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Whiterook

Post by Whiterook »

Tom....now that's funny! :D I'm flattered actually, as knowing me for the fanatic wargamer that I am, if you thought to suggest it to me means you think highly of it! My only question now....when you gonna join? I have a Lock 'N Load: White Star Rising game about to star there soon with your name on it!!!

Alan...you too....give the place a chance to gain it's wings and pease try not to judge it by being top heavy in any one area at the moment....I really wasn't being snarky when I said t wasn't a FoW site. I am open to any wargame, as long as it's within reason :wink:

Thanks for the welcome here...I've heard awesome things of the site and have meant to get more involved long ago.
abdulaleem85

Post by abdulaleem85 »

Alanmccoubrey wrote:Too much FOW for me I'm afraid.

no need to afraid its just online... not will come to your house....