Axis History Forum problems?

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Re: Axis History Forum problems?

Post by phylo_roadking »

On the subject of "Axis History problems"....

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8#p1322538

:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Sadly - one of the most pressing problems with AH seems to be that some of the moderators there are out of Marcus' control - particularly one who is prepared to delete posts he doesn't agree with, and sabotage threads where arguments aren't going his way. In the last few months that staff member has been responsible for a number of decent posters resolving never to frequent AHF again, including a couple that brought good, original material to AHF.

Just recently I caught that same moderator out lying to Marcus regarding actions he had taken. Yet sadly, when this was brought to Marcus' attention - along with proof of the events having taken place - no action was taken.

i find this truly disappointing in a forum that styles itself as authoritative :( As some of us know - Marcus used to demand quite rigorous standards from his moderators. Now he doesn't appear to care about the damage they do to AHF's reputation.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz »

I am done with that place.

Guys like Penn44 were allowed to cause all sorts of trouble. Myself and several other regulars warned Marcus Wendel about his bullying and nasty posts, but were ignored. I see he finally got himself banned eventually though after multiple warnings.

A good, informative research forum but I will continue to view it as a guest only.

The moderators are always bleating on about respecting copyright, yet they find it acceptable for members to post links to entire movies on Youtube. In one week I found both "Uncle Adolf" and "The Boy in The Striped Pjyamas" - not just highlights but the entire movie.

Marcus posted a warning that such links were not allowed but even after the above examples were brought to his attention, nothing was done and the posts remain unedited.

Filesharing copyrighted movies and CDs also goes on with the powers that be turning a blind eye. We can't upset the regulars you know. :D

And why Dan Reinbold is moderator of the Movies & Games forum, has never fully been explained to me. He had made 2 or 3 posts in the section since I joined up there almost 4 years ago.

Haven't visited AHF for a while, but I would guess things aren't any better since my last visit. :down:

Marcus also doesn't seem to care that dozens of regulars still visit the forum on a daily basis but no longer actively contribute. Does he need spelling out in big letters that something is seriously wrong?

Anyway, I had some happy times there but don't really miss it despite several e-mails asking me to return.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I'm locked out by AHF at the mement, anyone else?
Thanks. Dave.
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

Not me although it seems a bit slow.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I'm still locked out. :(
The site no longer recognises my password.
Thanks. Dave.
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

Have you tried the "forgot password" option? Sometimes those reset it.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I'll try it.
Thanks. Dave.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

That's done it. Thanks.
Thanks. Dave.
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

Your welcome.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

I've been forced to report moderator harassment by the SAME moderator on AHF AGAIN :( I fully expect that once AGAIN nothing will be done - and it will not even be admitted to.

I find it highly entertaining that said moderator has the nerve to post
The Forum credibility (at this Forum) needs some checking to the info credibility to what is posted here.
Speed does not count.
The truthfulness does.
...when he's the moderator I discovered some time ago had lied to Marcus about other actions regarding myself, and proved it to Marcus - with absolutely nothing being done...
If a member has an objection to the actions of a specific moderator, he or she must always consult the administrator
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

I've been forced to report moderator harassment by the SAME moderator on AHF AGAIN I fully expect that once AGAIN nothing will be done - and it will not even be admitted to.

I find it highly entertaining that said moderator has the nerve to post
Hi Phylo

I think that not many realised since AHF is a privately-established forum, the owner could do what he wants. There is no democracy in the internet (something which I had learned quite some time ago) 8)

Panzermahn
lwd
Enthusiast

Post by lwd »

panzermahn wrote: .... There is no democracy in the internet (something which I had learned quite some time ago) 8)
I would argue that there is a great deal of democracy on the internet. However particular locations may have little or none internally.
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I have had the same problem with being locked out, as I had before. But have managed to get back in again via a new password, but it's odd that this forum keeps doing this from time to time.

Phylo. Think yourself lucky you don't belong to the DAK forum. They make AHF seem like a perfect democracy!
Thanks. Dave.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

My problem isn't really the level (or lack) of democracy. It's the double standards; some posters are targeted, some receive ABSOLUTELY no attention from Mods for doing the very same things. Some of them even commit the same sins or worse.