POW U.S. soldiers executed?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Benoit Douville
Contributor

POW U.S. soldiers executed?

Post by Benoit Douville »

If that is really the truth, I hope that those antiwar protestors will realize the brutal regime of the evil dictator.
colzy

Post by colzy »

yes this is very bad news what is the rule for the this situation
can america take reprisals using iraqi pow :?:
grahamcoles
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

No ... the US will not seek reprisals against the POW's ... that would be beneath contempt.
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

I don't think either that the U.S. will used reprisal against Iraqi POW. Anyway it's again the the Geneva convention and If The U.S. wants to win the heart of a lot of people, they won't do it. The Iraqi POW are well treated, the one who surrended in the beginning of the conflict.

I also just saw Iraqui soldiers shooting at a U.S. pilot who his plane went down in the water. Pretty disturbing... Or maybe it is just propaganda?
Henrik Krog
Contributor

Re: POW U.S. soldiers executed?

Post by Henrik Krog »

Where have you gotten this from??

Henrik
Benoit Douville wrote:If that is really the truth, I hope that those antiwar protestors will realize the brutal regime of the evil dictator.
heinz kling

Here's a link to the Arab TV

Post by heinz kling »

Beware, the images are gruesome and not for the faint hearted. The fact that some of the dead appeared shot in the head may give rise to the allegations of executions.

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-23-23.htm
heinz kling

Here's a link to the Arab TV

Post by heinz kling »

Beware, the images are gruesome and not for the faint hearted. The fact that some of the dead appeared shot in the head may give rise to the allegations of executions.

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-23-23.htm
Mike Knowlton

Re: POW U.S. soldiers executed?

Post by Mike Knowlton »

The Iraqis will become increasingly brutal the further Coalition forces penetrate their country, a mix of frustration and awareness that they cannot repulse the invasion by conventional means.

The US won't take reprisals against POWs, as it would make those Iraqi conscripts hesitant to lay down their weapons.
Guillermo
Contributor

Post by Guillermo »

I've just watched the video, it appears that those head wounds were caused by short range shots. Any expert in ballistics?

Guillermo
Baltasar
Enthusiast

Post by Baltasar »

I'm not an expert, but the wound on the first picture looks do big to be a result of a projectile. May be a grenade fragment?
Wenn man nichts zu sagen hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.
Sam H.
Associate

Post by Sam H. »

These photos are more proof of how inhuman the Iraqi regime is. The sole purpose for showing these photos is propoganda ... an attempt to rally muslims to their cause while enraging American public opinion against the war. I suspect, in the terms of the latter, it will have the opposite affect.
Yves

Post by Yves »

Well I remember a few unpleasant pictures of dead Iraqi soldiers lying in a pool of blood or burnt in their vehicles, from the first Gulf War. This is infortunately a hardly avoidable sight in war. Now as to how those men died, it is not possible to say.
heinz kling

Are we talking double standards here?

Post by heinz kling »

I saw on the TV pictures of dead Iraqi soldiers, as well as POWs being humiliated in front of the camera. Are we pressing war crimes against the perpetrators?
Baltasar
Enthusiast

Post by Baltasar »

I saw a picture of two dead iraqis in a foxhole with the white flag.
Wenn man nichts zu sagen hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Photos

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I'm not a ballistics expert, but the training that I've had seems to indicate that the damage inflicted was from a higher powered weapon at close range. Perhaps and AK-47 or -74?

Yves, I remember seeing some of those photos, as well as some personal snapshots that were never released. There is a difference though between bodies laying outside a destroyed vehicle, and bodies that appear to have been shot execution-style.

As regards the bodies near a white flag, could that have something to do with the reports of Iraqis indicating a desire to surrender, then ambushing the troops coming to collect them? We all know that you can't tell the whole story from one photo. We ought to withhold judgement until we know the entire context of the story, eh?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!