Betrayal in the 101st?

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Guillermo
Contributor

Betrayal in the 101st?

Post by Guillermo »

What the hell is going on? The US soldier who allegedly threw the grenades is Muslim, so reports the media.

Guillermo
heinz kling

It's Vietnam all over again

Post by heinz kling »

Then the soldiers fragged their officers because they were against the war. Has nothing to do with the religion, more with the conscience.
Last edited by heinz kling on Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.W.
Enthusiast

Re: It's Vietnam all over again

Post by D.W. »

heinz kling wrote:Then the soldiers frgged their officers because they were against the war. Has nothing to do with the religion, more with the conscience.
You don't know what the hell you are talking about Kling.

BTW, have you read the new book out by David Frum? I hear it is excellent!

:D
Sam H.
Associate

Re: It's Vietnam all over again

Post by Sam H. »

heinz kling wrote:Then the soldiers frgged their officers because they were against the war. Has nothing to do with the religion, more with the conscience.
Heinz

Are you a complete idiot or are you just so anti-American that you can't see past the hate?

"The Soldier was Muslim" .... "then it wasn't about religion" ... how do you come up with that conclusion when the logical conclusion is the exact opposite?

What do they teach you in Memel? Three plus Three equals whatever you want it to be?
Guillermo
Contributor

Post by Guillermo »

If this US soldier confesses to having committed a terrorist attack, chances are he'll face a firing squad very shortly. Could he be executed?

This incident is weird.

Guillermo
heinz kling

The soldier may be Muslim

Post by heinz kling »

But where's the connection between his religion and the fragging? In Vietnam the officers were being fragged for prosecuting the war, and why would this time the reasons be different?
D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

Guillermo wrote:If this US soldier confesses to having committed a terrorist attack, chances are he'll face a firing squad very shortly. Could he be executed?

This incident is weird.

Guillermo
Yes, this incident is weird. This soldier will face a military tribunal and he is subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, (UCMJ) and the penalties under this are much more severe than under a civilian court.

Once the casualties mount and our tolerance wanes, you can bet his sentence will be a serious punishment, possibly death. And he certainly deserves to be shot.

Unlike the darlings of Stefan and Heinz this soldier will receive defense counsel and a trial. If he were in the employ of the Iraqi Army he would first be tortured and then shot.

Heinz and Stefan cannot comprehend this logic, with their anti-American ramblings.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

101st

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Kinda reminds me of that jackass during the first Gulf War: "I didn't join the Army to go to war, I just wanted the education benefits!"
There will always be that 1%, in all our countries!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
MCO

Executions

Post by MCO »

[quote="Guillermo"]If this US soldier confesses to having committed a terrorist attack, chances are he'll face a firing squad very shortly. Could he be executed?

Yes, he could be executed, but not by firing squad, but by lethal injection. The US Military Penitentary at Fort Leavenworth has had several servicemembers on death row for several years, but the US has yet to execute them.
Landser
Contributor

Re: Executions

Post by Landser »

MCO wrote:
Guillermo wrote:If this US soldier confesses to having committed a terrorist attack, chances are he'll face a firing squad very shortly. Could he be executed?

Yes, he could be executed, but not by firing squad, but by lethal injection. The US Military Penitentary at Fort Leavenworth has had several servicemembers on death row for several years, but the US has yet to execute them.

Send him to Texas and he won't wait
for his foregone death besides they have experts who drag him with Pick-ups to death appropriatly. :D
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Hello Landser, remembering the African-American who was murdered by being dragged behind a pick-up in Texas and the apparent fact that this suspect appears to be a minority member, I don't know how to take this remark:
for his foregone death besides they have experts who drag him with Pick-ups to death appropriatly
I do hope you didn't mean it the way it came out.

Regards,
~D
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

Last edited by Benoit Douville on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.W.
Enthusiast

Post by D.W. »

His name is Ansan Akbar, and he is an American Muslim, and this raises troubling issues about those of the Muslim faith in our military.

If nothing else then they will now be under suspicion and their loyalties questioned.

I hope that bastard swings from the gallows. Throwing grenades into a tent full of fellow soldiers, and opening fire when they run out, badly wounded.

Murdering coward.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

I agree D.W. If you're a member of the Armed Forces and are ordered to do something against your religious conscience, then stand up, object and take the consequences. But to murder your comrades places you below the status of an enemy combatant. You become just a murderer and should be treated as such.
The shame is that I am certain there are many American Moslems performing their duty alongside their fellow Americans. These are the men and women who will suffer the ramifications of this cowardly act.
Best Regards, David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Landser
Contributor

Post by Landser »

Commissar D, the Evil wrote:Hello Landser, remembering the African-American who was murdered by being dragged behind a pick-up in Texas and the apparent fact that this suspect appears to be a minority member, I don't know how to take this remark:
for his foregone death besides they have experts who drag him with Pick-ups to death appropriatly
I do hope you didn't mean it the way it came out.

Regards,
~D
Hello D.the evil.
That despicable incident came to mind as a suggestion to add to the others prior to my post.Since Texas is in the forefront of public executions it seems appropiate for them to handle it and as cruel as they can, to satisfy the future outcry.
for REVENGE.